Thursday, January 7, 2010

Japanese Sauce



If there has to be one sauce in the world that you should eat EVERYTHING with--this sauce would be it. This Japanese white sauce is the most delicious sauce you can ever add to any dish, and it goes perfectly with rice, meats, salads, pastas, panini's and so much more. You have to try it. I'm telling you, love is waiting. I first had this sauce in a Hibachi Steakhouse when I first moved to NC, and my goodness, I fell in love. I spent four months trying to figure out what was in that sauce, and after a dozen of tries and errors, I finally managed to get this sauce to the right consistency. You NEED to make this. It is absolutely worth it.

the recipe:
1-1/4 cup of mayo
1/3 cup water
1-1/2 tbs butter
1 tsp tomato paste
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper

Combine all the ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and blend until smooth. Cover the sauce and refrigerate overnight. You MUST refrigerate the sauce overnight in order to allow for all the flavors to blend it. The sauce will NOT taste right if you skip this process. Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment